Chicken Adobo With Ginger
Serves 6-8 people
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 bulb garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh ginger root
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon black peppercorns
How to make Adobo Chicken Recipe?
- Combine the chicken, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger, bay leaves and peppercorns in a Dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Once it boils, reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover the pot and simmer for 30 minutes, basting the chicken occasionally.
- After 30 minutes, remove lid and cook until liquid has reduced to half.
- Remove chicken from the pot to a serving plate.
- Strain the liquid from the pot to remove all the food particles, and set aside.
- Serve chicken hot over steamed rice and drizzle with reserved sauce.