(CHICKEN ADOBO WITH COCONUT MILK)
Serves 2-3 people
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 Whole chicken, cut up
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 3 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 small chili
- In a soup pot, saute garlic and onion in 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Add chicken pieces, 2 cups coconut milk, black pepper, salt, ginger and vinegar.
- Bring to a boil and simmer uncovered until chicken is very tender,about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Optionally add chili to make hot and spicy.
- Add remaining cocnut milk, stir and simmer 2 to 3 minutes until sauce is thick and oily.
- Serve over steamed rice.