A variety of adobo which uses squids. When cooking the adobong pusit make sure you follow the directions below, especially the cleaning process and the time of cooking.
Serves 6-8 people
- 2 lbs of squid (usually smaller squids)
- 5 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 shallots chopped
- 3 tablespoons of cane vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- some salt
- chinese parsley chopped
- cooking oil
How to cook Adobong Pusit?
- Clean the squid by washing them in running water.
- Pull gently on the plastic-like thing (which is actually the bone of a squid) including the tiny pouch carrying the ink.
- Clean them and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Mix the minced garlic with salt, vinegar and pepper.
- Let the squid sit in this marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the pan.
- Add cooking oil, shallots and squid.
- Cook them by stir-frying under medium heat.
- Cooking should take 5-7 minutes.
- Turn off heat and sprinkle it with chopped chinese parsley.