Chicken Adobo is a traditional Filipino food, and it is among the most acknowledged Filipino foods. This Chicken Adobo Recipe will be the simplest available. This dish served with simmering chicken in vinegar and soy sauce.
There are lots of types of adobo; most recipes include vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, bay leaves, and black pepper. Just marinate the chicken overnight, turn everything into a pot and simmer it.
This classic Filipino stew is a straightforward one-pot dish you can ready quickly along with basic pantry ingredients. Served with lots of rice, it makes for a truly satisfying meal.
- 5 lbs. of chicken wings and thighs
- 1/2 cup white vinegar (Datu Puti brand if you can find it)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp. black peppercorns
- 3 bay leaves
- dried rosemary
How to cook Chicken Adobo Recipe?
- Place the ingredients in a dutch oven and mix.
- Cover the pot and let the mix marinate. Typically one to three hours.
- Once marinated, heat the pot to a boil, then lower heat.
- Cover the pot and let it simmer for 30 minutes
- Stir occasionally.
- Uncover and simmer until the sauce is reduced and thickened and the meat is tender.
- Season with dried rosemary.
- Serve over steamed rice.
You can add fried potatoes and hard boiled eggs. Fried potatoes and hard boiled eggs are optional but worth a try. Just cook the potatoes until golden and tender and add to the adobo before serving.