This adobo style used eggplant instead of pork and chicken. Eggplant Adobo is easy to cook. You just have to slice eggplants and fry it until it looks brown then add the other ingredients then serve it!
Serves 4-5 people
- 5 cups diced eggplants, cut in 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
How to cook Eggplant Adobo?
- Spread eggplant on paper towel and sprinkle with salt.
- Let drain for 30 minutes.
- Rinse and pat dry.
- In a non-stick skillet, fry eggplant in oil until brown and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, simmer soy sauce, vinegar, garlic and pepper for 5 minutes.
- Add eggplant, cover and cook over low heat for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with steamed rice