Filipino Chicken Adobo Recipe is like a Pork adobo but this recipe is using chicken wings instead of pork.
Serves 6-8 people
- 4 lbs chicken Wings
- soy sauce (2 cups )
- 3 cups peanut oil
- chili peppers black pepper x2
- white vinegar(2 cups)
- 4-6 garlic cloves chopped
- brown sugar(2 tbsp)
- 2 pieces of fresh ginger
- cornstarch mixed a quarter cup of water(2 tbsp)
How to make Filipino Chicken Adobo Recipe?
- Place all ingredients into pot except for the chicken, oil and the cornstarch
- Bring to a boil
- Boil until the liquid is reduced by 50%
- Turn the heat down to a low simmer
- Mix in cornstarch and occasionally stir to avoid clumping
- Once it thickens enough, set aside If necessary, defrost the chicken
- Dry the chicken with a paper towel
- Place oil in frying pan and heat to 350 degrees
- Place wings in the frying pan
- Cook until brown and crispy
- Take the cooked wings and place them in the pot with the sauce
- Coat the wings with the sauce.