This Pork Adobo is one of the favorites of Filipinos. This recipe is not just about pork adobo it also adds a boiled egg which is a perfect combination.
Serves 3-4 people
- 2 lbs pork
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1 whole head of garlic
- minced 1 head red onion cut in cross section
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon patis fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil salt
How to cook Pork Adobo with Boiled Egg?
- Cut pork in 1 1/2″ by 1″ cubes.
- Place the pork,boiled eggs, onion, half of the garlic, pepper,and salt in a pot.
- Add the water,soy sauce and vinegar.
- Set to boil in medium heat to slowly cook the meat.
- Do not stir until it boils to cook the vinegar.
- Let it boil until the sauce reduced to half of its amount and set aside.
- Saute the rest of the garlic in cooking oil until brown.
- Add the pork and fry for a minute or until brown.
- Add the sauce and the fish sauce.
- Let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve with steamed rice.