This Shrimp Adobo is not typical or being regularly cooked by Filipino because it uses shrimp. Shrimp in the Philippines is a bit costly compared to pork and chicken. It is for those who are on a diet and people who have an allergy.
Serves 3-4 people
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1 lb large fresh shrimp unshelled
- 2 (12 ounce) cans coconut milk
How to cook Shrimp Adobo?
- In a medium size pot, add vinegar, water, pepper, garlic and salt.
- Add shrimp and let stand for 1 hour.
- Cook shrimp in the same pot with the lid off.
- Turn the shrimp often until the pot is almost dry.
- Stir in the coconut milk and allow the sauce to thicken.
- Serve with steamed rice.