A nice type of adobo that uses spinach. Vegetable Adobo is good for your health and good also for vegetarian. It is effortless to prepare and also make sure you wash the spinach.
Serves 3-4 people
- 2 lbs of spinach (authentic is kangkong “swamp cabbage”)
- 1/2 tablespoon of garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon of salt
- fresh ground black pepper
How to cook Vegetable Adobo?
- Wash and sort spinach or greens.
- Separate leaves and cut stems into 1-inch lengths.
- Saute garlic in oil.
- When it is golden brown, add the spinach, lemon juice, soy sauce and salt.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Add freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
In the picture, you will recognize that there is some meat. It is TOFU. We use that just to add some meat.